Supported operating systems:
- Desktop: Windows 7 and later
- Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
Both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms are supported.
How to prepare your file store for profile VHD storage
|Users||This Directory Only||Modify|
|Creator/Owner||Sub-Directories and Files Only||Modify|
|Administrator (Optional)||This Directory, Sub-Directories, and Files||Full Control|
For new users no administrative account is required. Administrators are only necessary for custom profile manipulation including actions like:
- Migrating existing user's profiles - a Powershell script for migrating existing user profiles is available upon request
- Profile backup and restore
- custom file retrieval from within a user's profile
The VHDX container format was introduced in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. Therefore, FSLogix containers in the VHDX format are only supported in these (and later) OS environments.